Total Number of Species Recorded in 2011

2010 saw a total of 196 species recorded in Bedfordshire. Of this total, LGRE recorded 183, closely followed by Jim Gurney and Steve Blain on 181, Lol Carman on 180, Martin Palmer on 179 and Bob Chalkley on 177.

In 2011, a total of 452 species was recorded in Britain and Ireland of which I recorded just 69% (312); Bedfordshire recorded 204 species (of which I saw 94% at 191), Hertfordshire 192 (of which I saw 88.5% at 170) and Buckinghamshire 192 (of which I recorded just 86% at 165)

In 2012, I came fourth (on 168), following Steve Blain (177), Jim Gurney (174) and Martin Plamer (171).



Thursday 9 October 2014

HOOPOE's now been resident for a week.....

The HOOPOE at Hill Farm, just south of Willington village at the end of Wood Lane, was still showing as well as ever today, despite the torrential rain and near gale force winds. In fact, during one such shower, I found out where it was roosting - in one of the barns where the horses live. Once again, it was feeding voraciously - one worm or grub after another. I have to say that this is the most confiding Hoopoe I have ever been lucky enough to see in Britain - it is just so tame. Even when one of the horses went into a full stampede it stood its ground today - it is unbelievable. Well worth every effort if you get the opportunity......






























This NORTHERN WHEATEAR also remained today, as well as up to 525 European Golden Plovers in the field opposite.




No comments:

Post a Comment