Total Number of Species Recorded in 2011

2010 saw a total of 196 species recorded in Bedfordshire. Of this total, LGRE recorded 183, closely followed by Jim Gurney and Steve Blain on 181, Lol Carman on 180, Martin Palmer on 179 and Bob Chalkley on 177.

In 2011, a total of 452 species was recorded in Britain and Ireland of which I recorded just 69% (312); Bedfordshire recorded 204 species (of which I saw 94% at 191), Hertfordshire 192 (of which I saw 88.5% at 170) and Buckinghamshire 192 (of which I recorded just 86% at 165)

In 2012, I came fourth (on 168), following Steve Blain (177), Jim Gurney (174) and Martin Plamer (171).



Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Bird Hunt 2012


A reminder that our annual Bedfordshire Christmas Birdhunt begins at
midnight tonight. From that time we want to see how many species we can see
/ hear in the county in the seven day period ending with the start of 2013.

Last year we had 111 species which was a low count so it will be good to see
if we can exceed that this year. I've not seen a mention of the Priory Slav
since Saturday but if that is still present tomorrow then it will be a new
species for the list as it has not been recorded in the past 10 years.

Please if possible email lists to me at christmasbirds@bedsbirdhunt.org.uk
- though I will read all the emails on groups it makes it easier for me to
quickly see new species. I will put updates on the web about once a day in
the evenings.

For a full summary and some thoughts on the last 10 years please see the
article in the current Beds bird Report.

Good luck & Happy Christmas to all from Melissa and I

Andy Banthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment